Microchip TimeProvider 4100 Base Unit Rubidium
The TimeProvider 4100 base unit Rubidium clock is a gateway clock, a new class of synchronization product that accepts multiple inputs from Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Synchronous Ethernet (SynE), and 1588 PTP Grandmaster Clock and E1/T1 digital transmission links, and distributes timing flows to multiple end points such as base stations. A gateway clock benefits from multiple layers of protection leveraging other assets in the core of the network.
TimeProvider 4100 Base unit, like the rest of the TP series, is our newest platform and our latest-generation packet engine to provide the utmost flexibility to support multiple packet services in the box, to specify the service on each port (server, client, probe, NTP), and to select management and client service on either an RJ45 or an SFP port, depending on the network and preference. This flexibility enables operators to select from the number and types of ports and interfaces for specific use cases including 5G, cRAN and Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS) remote PHY so they can deploy and scale their equipment without compromising on performance or features.
TP 4100 Benefits
• Flexibility to leverage legacy and new investments
• Mitigates impact of backhaul noise, packet delay variation and asymmetry
• High-accuracy phase distribution over long-haul optical networks
• Preserves current Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network engineering
New 2.3 Version Highlights
• Revised E1/T1 expansion module with Composite Clock (CC) and Japan Composite Clock (JCC)
• Precision Time Protocol (PTP) enhancements with higher capacity up to 1,000 clients, dual PTP Server profiles per port
• Enhanced resiliency with multiple PTP inputs and IEEE 1588 2.1 2019 majority vote with enhanced Assisted Partial Time Support (APTS)
• Security enhancements with Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) support, two-factor authentication and IEEE® 1588-2019 security prongs
• Enhanced performance with TimePictra® Synchronization Management System for status and configuration support
• Enhanced Frequency monitoring with TIE, MTIE and TDEV with configurable masks and standard masks
• Redundancy mode is added to ePRTC operation-mode to bring additional resiliency
Our Field Services team will install and enable your TimeProvider 4100 Base unit and other network sync and timing equipment. SyncCare will provide peace of mind in the event of any updates and issues. Syncworks warehouses and ships Microchip products and retired sync and timing equipment from Symmetricom, Telecom Systems, Datum, Microsemi, and more. Since 2003, we have proven to be a trusted partner known for flawless execution in providing world class synchronization solutions that are tailored for you success. As a value-added Microchip partner, we offer a turnkey solution for our telecom, cable, and utility customers. With the largest stocking warehouse in the nation for new and retired PTP, NTP, PRS, and GPS, we can modernize your network your way. Our tight team of experts leverage industry-best engineering and implementation practices which have been developed, refined, and proven on thousands of projects.
Unique Value-Add: Training
Upon successful completion of each newly installed synchronization equipment job, Syncworks provides thorough operator training.