Microchip Integrated GNSS GrandmasterOutdoor 1100o Release 3.0
Outdoor Integrated GNSS Master (IGM and IGM Plus) 1100o Release 3.0
Microchip Indoor Integrated GNSS Grandmaster enables the deployment of a small-form-factor, feature-rich IEEE® 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) grandmaster clock at the very edge of mobile networks. This solution offers enhanced coverage and performance while also reducing operating costs. Easily installed outdoors with the help of Syncworks Field Services, the Microchip Indoor Integrated GNSS Grandmaster provides densification for 5G operators and enhanced indoor capacity and coverage for private LTE or 5G networks in enterprises.
Key Features of the Microchip IGM
- IEEE 1588-2008 PTP Grandmaster clock
- Reduced installation costs and simplified cabling
- Enhanced indoor GNSS performance without a GPS/GNSS roof antenna
- Plug-and-play features, including discovery, configuration and Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) for auto-configuration, that reduce deployment time and cost
- Flexible deployment options, including small size, wall or ceiling mount, indoor or outdoor
- Best-in-class synchronization solution optimized for indoor, location transfer and management
- Capacity of up to 32 (v 2.X) or 60 (v 3.0) PTP timereceivers
- High PTP message rate of up to 128 messages per second
- User-configurable PTP profiles with IPv4 and IPv6 support
- PTP profiles include ITU-T G.8265.1, ITU-T G.8275.1 and ITU-T G.8275.2
- Mini Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO)
- Multi-GNSS constellation support (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and SBAS options)
- 1 pps test port
- Enhanced support for individual device configuration with full CLI
- Management via CLI, TimePictra® 11 software
- Hardware – IGM Plus Model
- SC-cut oscillator for enhanced time keeping holdover
- GNSS receiver for additional Galileo and QZSS support
- v 3.0 Software
- IPv6 support for OAM/Management
- Group configuration with Zero Touch Provisioning through DHCP
- Individual device configuration and management through full CLI support
- Increased capacity to 60 PTP clients
- Increased scalability to 32 clients when using PTP input and APTS
Syncworks Value Added Benefits
Existing Antenna Support
The IGM for external antenna model can be deployed using an existing antenna on the roof or with a patch antenna at the window instead of embedding the antenna in the unit. We can install it for you.
The indoor model can be deployed on a wall or on a ceiling as long as it is about 10 feet from a window. The outdoor model, which integrates the antenna and GNSS cable inside the unit, can be deployed on a roof and connects to the network via an Ethernet cable.
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The IGM portfolio uses Power over Ethernet (PoE), the same power source that is used in most small cells. Since Ethernet is being used so frequently in most environments, this means the IGM can integrate seamlessly with deployments in a building or in a 5G network.
The IGM portfolio provides automated configuration of a large number of IGM devices for easier deployment.
Syncworks is a value-added reseller of network sync and timing equipment for critical infrastructure companies. SyncCare and Field Services ensure your network equipment is flawlessly executed and supported. Our warehouse is stocked with new Microchip products, as well as Symmetricom, Datum, Telecom Solutions, and Microsemi brands.
Syncworks delivers the highest level of expertise to every project and offers a complete menu of network synchronization products and services. Our flagship product, the TimeProvider® 4100, is a gateway clock that accepts multiple inputs from Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Synchronous Ethernet (SynE), and 1588 PTP Grandmaster Clock and E1/T1 digital transmission links.
As a Microchip Diamond Partner, we maintain the largest and most diversified stocking supply of Microchip network sync & timing products to meet our customers’ every need when it comes to sync and timing technology.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (904) 280-1234