Timehub 5500 NTP Upgrade Kit
Symmetricom’s NTP blades for the Timehub 5500 allow your networks to meet modern critical requirements for the delivery of advanced services such as IPTV Content and Delivery, Billing Record Management, IP SLA Monitoring, and QoS Measurement Systems/Probes. With the introduction of high performance NTP servers on a card, the BITS platform can now deliver carrier-class NTP to meet demanding NGN Packetime requirements. The product also features additional security in the form of dual NTP ports found on the Timehub blades. Timehub’s NTP Server cards provide the performance, scale, availability and security to assure high QoS delivery of advanced services such as IPTV.
Accuracy, Protection and Scalability for NGN Applications
TimeHub’s carrier class NTP cards provide unsurpassed accuracy, protection, and scalability to drive NGN applications. Using advanced hardware-based time stamping to provide 10-nanosecond accuracy, the TimeHub 5500 provides accuracy orders of magnitude better than enterprise class NTP servers. The flexible architecture allows for 1:1 protected NTP cards to be installed in any open main or expansion shelf output slot. NTP cards are locked to the TimeHub master clock, taking full advantage of PRS traceability, and redundant holdover protection.
Massively Scalable For High Capacity Applications
Each dual port NTP card supports up to 2000 transactions per second for high capacity loading applications. The system scales up for mass deployment scenarios with an additional 2000 NTP transaction per second for each additional NTP card.
- Next Generation Building Integrated Timing Supply
- Integrated Carrier Grade NTP
- Integrated Carrier Grade IEEE 1588 PTP
- Supports all physical layer synchronization requirements
- More than 1400 protected outputs per system
- Single output card generates CC and DS1 signals
- Full SSM support
- Master or remote shelf operation
- NEBS Level 3 Certified
- NTP Srvr Card (090-55582-01)
- NTP Srvr Card Kit w/o SFPs (990-55582-01)
- NTP Srvr Card Kit w/ sngl-mode optl SFPs (090-55582-02)
- NTP Srvr Card Kit w/mult-mode optl SFPs (990-55582-03)
- NTP Srvr Card Kit w/ 1000 Base Tx electrical SFPs (990-55582-04)