The Microchip TimeCesium 4500 is used to equip core network offices with Stratum 1 synchronization.
The deployment of sources across the network provides the following benefits:
• Flattens the sync distribution hierarchy
• Lowers the overall OAM&P (Operation,
Administration, Maintenance &
• Reduces the number of network recovery
clocks (TSG/SSU) operating in tandem
• Minimizes pointer adjustments caused by
“frequency errors” in the SONET/SDH
• Prevents up-stream network clock errors
from propagating across the network
• Enhances overall network performance
• Provides total control of network synchronization source
The 4500 meets industry standards, including ITU-T, ETSI, ANSI, Telcordia, NEBS, and CE/AS.
- State-of-the-art cesium III beam tube technology for 5G networks
- Autonomous Stratum 1 primary reference source
- No antenna installation required
- Front-access ETSI shelf model: PRS-4400
- Rear-access ANSI shelf model: PRS-4500
- DS1, E1, 2048 kHz G.703/13, 10 MHz, 5 MHZ, 1.544 MHz and composite clock outputs
- 8-year warranty on cesium tube
- Enhanced Primary Reference Clock (ePRC) compliant per G.811.1
- Enhanced Primary Reference Time Clock (ePRTC) compliant when used with TimeProvider® 4100 series and ePRTC license
The architecture uses the latest digital technology to provide superior
performance and maintenance-free operation.
It is easy to install and is fully operational in less than 45 minutes.