The TimeProvider® 4100 is a gateway clock, a new class of synchronization product that accepts multiple inputs from Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Synchronous Ethernet (SynE), and 1588 PTP and E1/T1 digital transmission links and distributes timing flows to multiple end points such as base stations. A gateway clock benefits from multiple layers of protection leveraging other assets in the core of the network.
TimeProvider 4100 is a best-in-class 1588 grandmaster complemented by extensive port fan-out for PTP, Network Time protocol (NTP), SyncE, and legacy building integrated timing supplies (BITS). With multiple ports for current, legacy, and future networks that can be connected to multiple base stations for 4G and 5G deployments, the device offers customers a cost-effective solution that can be easily adapted for a wide variety of use cases.
- IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) grandmaster
- NTP Reflector with highest capacity and NTP Daemon (NTPd) adds NTP MD5 authentication.
- GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS and Galileo)—and SBAS support
- Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) Class A and Class B
- Enhanced PRTC (ePRTC) ITU-T G.8272.1, 30ns
Reliable Fanless Passive Thermal Operation
- Oscillator options—mini OCXO, OCXO and Rubidium (Rb)
- IPv6/IPv4 on all ports including Management (OAM)- Standard base unit with 8 Ethernet ports, 4 E1/T1 ports, 1 craft port, 2× 1PPS/ToD ports, 2× 1PPS/10 MHz ports
- Optional internal expansion module with 16 E1/T1 ports for a total of 20 E1/T1 outputs per unit
- Optional internal expansion module with 4 SFP and 4 SFP+ for 10G support, 100M Fast Ethernet, and 1G fanout
- Support for multiple IEEE 1588v2 profiles per unit
- Support for: Management and Client and client or master
- Support for high-performance multidomain boundary clock with class C and D accuracy (new operation mode)
- High performance: 790 PTP unicast clients at 128 PPS and NTPr 20,000 tps per port, for a total of 160,000 tps per unit and NTPd at 500 tps on 3 ports for a total of 1,500 tps per unit
- Fully supports ITU-T profiles for phase synchronization: G.8275.1 and G.8275.2
- Fully supports ITU-T profiles for frequency synchronization: G.8265.1, Telecom 2008 and default
- ITU-T G.8273.4 APTS with enhanced automatic asymmetry compensation over multiple network variations
- Monitoring and measurement capabilities
- TimePictra® synchronization management system support
- Telecommunication Industries
- Cable Industries
- Critical Infrastructure