Designed to meet synchronization requirements for today’s demanding video and data applications. TimeHub 5500 is the next generation BITS. It is a modular, fully redundant timing distribution system that tracks incoming timing references and qualifies the signals against network timing standards. It then filters and distributes precise timing to all equipment in the central office. Already deployed as the workhorse for major fiber deployments in North America, the TimeHub 5500 is the platform of choice for delivery of carrier grade Network Timing Protocol required to assure high QoS delivery of NGN applications and content.
- Next Generation Building Integrated Timing Supply
- Supports all physical layer synchronization requirements
- More than 1400 protected outputs per system
- Single output card generates CC and DS1 signals
- Full SSM support
- Master or remote shelf operation
- NEBS Level 3 Certified
- The TimeHub 5500 system was designed for critical applications where network elements require truly hitless timing, flexibility and growth capability for NGN physical layer synchronization requirements as well as application and management layer packet timing requirements.