Generate and distribute superior synchronization signals for advanced network services.
The SSU 2000 and SSU 2000e are intelligent, fully manageable Synchronization Supply Unit or Timing Signal Generator designed to meet the latest and evolving industry standards.
The Microsemi ® SSU 2000 and SSU 2000e are fully manageable carrier-grade synchronization systems used by communications network operators to generate and distribute superior synchronization signals for their networks. The SSU 2000 conforms to ANSI standards and is NEBS certified, while the SSU 2000e is ETSI certified. Both systems use the same plug-in cards and provide frequency network timing capabilities for SDH/SONET networks.
Integrated Primary Reference Source, Input Flexibility
The SSU 2000/SSU 2000e integrates single or dual GNSS primary receiver cards to meet primary reference clock requirements. Two cards are available: one supports both GPS and GLONASS, and the other is GPS only. The systems also support multiple input cards; versions are available for T1, E1, JSW and JCC (Japan), 1 MHz, 1.544 MHz, 2.048 MHz, 5 MHz and 10 MHz.
Intelligent Clock Cards, Superior Holdover Performance
The SSU 2000/SSU 2000e accepts single or dual clocks. Three clock cards are available to meet different international standards and specific holdover requirements; ITU-T Type 1 (ETSI Slave Clock, enhanced quartz oscillator), Type II (Stratum 2E, enhanced rubidium oscillator), and Type III (Stratum 3E, enhanced quartz oscillator).
High Output Capacity, High Availability Architecture
The SSU 2000/SSU 2000e architecture is designed to integrate intelligent, functional cards into a flexible, fully redundant system to satisfy current capacity and sync technology requirements and allow incremental capacity growth and deployment of new capabilities with additional plug-in cards as they are needed. The SDU 2000/SDU 2000e Synchronization Distribution Unit expansion shelves connect to a corresponding SSU 2000/SSU 2000e main shelf to provide additional output signals. The expansion shelves use the framing and synchronization features of the main shelf to drive an array of output cards. Any combination of T1, E1/2048 kHz, Composite Clock and RS-422 output cards may be installed. T1 and E1 output cards may be configured in redundant pairs providing twenty 1:1 fully protected outputs per pair. A fully configured SSU 2000 system provides T1/E1 output total capacity of up to 1280 unprotected ports or 640 protected ports. A fully configured SSU 2000e system supports up to 460 protected or unprotected ports.
- High capacity, modular system
- Integrated GNSS (GPS and GLONASS), Primary Reference Clock
- E1, T1, Composite Clock, RS-422 outputs
- NEBS and ETSI compliant versions
- RADIUS option, SFTP and SSH support
- Comm R card has NTP client functionality
- Performance monitoring on all inputs
- Management: SNMP, ICS, TL1
- TimePictra Synchronization Management System support
- Primary Reference Source (PRS), PRC based on Global Navigational Satellite System (GNSS)
- SSU, Building Integrated Timing Supply (BITS), Stand Alone Synchronization Equipment (SASE), Timing Signal Generator (TSG) SDH/SONET, Ethernet, GPON networks 2G/3G and 4G/LTE networks
- Telecommunications, power utility, government, and other private networks