Ethernet Service Aggregation Platform
The ETX-5 is a leading CE 2.0 access aggregation switch, successfully deployed worldwide in many large networks. It delivers aggregated Ethernet and TDM pseudowire traffic from the access network to the PE (provider edge) over 10-GbE links. Part of RAD’s Service Assured solutions for service providers and critical infrastructure, the ETX-5 is ideal firstlevel aggregation at the POP, E-NNI inter-carrier demarcation and as a pseudowire gateway for seamless migration to packet networks.
For an enhanced user experience, the ETX-5 is supported by the new RADview management and orchestration system, featuring an intuitive UI/UX to simplify configuration and enable zero-touch service provisioning end-to-end. The ETX-5 is Carrier Ethernet 2.0-certified and includes an extensive toolset to deliver and manage SLAbased services.
- Carrier Ethernet MEF-certified for MEF CE 2.0: E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree services, E-Access; MEF-8; MEF-22: mobile backhaul; MEF-26: E-NNI
- Ethernet Ring Protection Switching: ITU-T G.8032v2; supports 40-GbE ring over LAG, virtual rings
- Extensive TDM pseudowire support: CESoPSN, SAToP, CESoETH (MEF-8), UDP/IP encapsulation
- Ethernet OAM termination and grooming; ITU-T Y.1564 generator/ responder
- 16 x 10-GbE network/user ports; 80 x 1-GbE ports; 16 channelized STM-1/OC-3 user/network ports; four channelized STM-4/ OC-12 user/network ports with redundancy
- Fully redundant, modular system designed for high availability
- Supported by RADview Service Manager and RADview Performance Monitoring portal
- AC or DC power feed redundancy; NEBS-compliant industrial-grade enclosure withstands extended temperature range